Fátima, Batalha, Óbidos
1 Day tour - arround 8 hours Starting in Fátima, visiting Batalha and Óbidos.
- Visit starts in Fátima, catholic religious portuguese capital. Then we travel to Batalha see the monastery and then Óbidos village.
- Since this is a personalized tour everything can be ajusted according to costumer wil or interests.
- Batalha Monastery it's another precious of the Manueline, a portuguese architecture style. Built to remenber one of the most important hapenings in Portuguese history. The victory on Aljubarrota Battle. Due to a Spanish atempt to conquer this territory with it's army that was 3 times superior in number.
- It's an impressive building. It's dificult to keep the eyes away.
- It's "unfinished chapels" once called "imperfect" for not having a built roof, are breath taking. And a nice ode to the "perfection of the unfinished". If you pay close attention you might be able to reach God. =)
- Óbidos is another MG, Must Go place in Portugal.
- It's a medieval village all surrounded by walls, very well preserved and a trully pleasure to walk around the walls or just get lost on the narrow streets and breathe that medieval ambiance.
- I recomend to taste the "kind of cherry" (Ginja in Portuguese) Liquor on a chocolate cup and the ready made hot bread with meat stuff on it.
- Fatima, needs no words to describe it. If you want to visit it, that's because you know it. =)